Friday, September 6, 2013

TGIF

Today Seizure Kaiser, a comic from Sydney, arrived at my place with his bags at around 2pm; he's staying the night before he goes to a party tomorrow night in an attempt to stay up all night and catch his 4am flight on Sunday. I met him last night and saw his set which was cool, and after seeing his last-minute post on the 'Melbourne Comedy Rooms Hub' Facebook page, I offered my house up. This is the best way to meet and hang out with other comedians.

So we went to lunch with his non-comic friend, and another aspiring comic Micaela Moore, who is yet to do her first gig but has spent the last week hanging out at shows. After that, a nerd-shop called Minotaur. After that, beers at Rooftop Bar. Good day.

I feel a little light-headed now, not hugely, I've only had two pints, but enough to combine with my tiredness and fairly sap my enthusiasm for writing this entry right here. It's probably for the best that I decided against waiting until Luka and Macdonald finished drinking at the latter's house and headed to the workers, if I'd ended up joining them I would have been in no state to fulfil my duties as flyer hander-outerer tomorrow on election day. I'm actually pretty psyched about how much of a fun-times, positive experience that could be. Also a thing that's kind of nice is that suddenly, due to a venue that I clean regularly deciding to close on both Sunday and Monday, I have Sundays off of work. SATURDAY PARTY TIMES. Yessssssssssssssss. That's fun.

That's all I'm going to write for now, I think. Just a brief, jumbled note about the pithy events of the day, and my joy in anticipating those of tomorrow. I'm setting out Seizure's mattress in the lounge room, although I'm sure I'll be asleep by the time he gets home anyway.

Peace, Taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment