Saturday, September 28, 2013

Gold Coast Pre-Departure

I'm going to the Gold Coast tomorrow for this Uni Games thing, and I'm super excited about it. It's still not really sunk in that the thing I'm going to do in order to earn $1000 is something that I would probably do for free if I wound up in the place anyway, and didn't have anything on that afternoon. Being the centre of attention? Yes please. Talking to people? Holding a microphone? WEARING A PROMOTIONAL T-SHIRT!!! All great stand-alone activities, this week is going to be great.

Today I'm running a pretty tight schedule – the fact that I've still remembered to write this is pretty impressive of itself. After I finish writing I'm going to head off to the laundromat and do my washing, most of the clothes I'm taking away are still dirty, and I think I need to buy a new pair of socks as well. Then I'll be heading straight to Little Hunter to clean there for a couple hours and finish working for the week, then to the Melbourne Central Lion to MC the 100% Nuts show there, after which I'm doing '36 Hours' again. I'm not too confident that there'll even be an audience for the second show, and to be honest I'm kind of hoping there isn't, as much as I want to do the show, because I'd like to get as much sleep as possible ahead of my 6:10am flight tomorrow morning.

My fingers and hands aren't working very well today, they feel sluggish and non-responsive, so I think I might leave this post here – another short one. I need to find some time to squeeze in some meditation today as well, maybe once I get to the laundromat. New setlist tonight. New jokes. Writing. Reading. Errands. Life. Busy, busy, busy.

Peace, Taco.

1 comment: