Sunday, August 11, 2013

Tired From Skype

I'm tired this morning because I had a Skype chat until 11:30 last night with French Girl and had to get up at 5am to clean, then had a tour at 10:30am which ended up being cancelled (although I did flyer one of the two people that rocked up for GUFFAW at the Rochester), and then came home and filled in a sheet of places I've applied for in the last month so that I could go to a Centrelink appointment which only required me walk through the door and cite my Customer Access Number to the man with the iPad. My legs hurt too, and I'm going to have a nap this arvo.

I've been thinking more about my show and the writing process lately because Alan Driscoll and Sofie Prints have decided to hold an Alternative Comedy Festival at the Barley Corn for four Mondays during the Melbourne Fringe this year, and I'm going to be performing a half-hour version of my show on two or three of those Mondays. The final thing that I'll be taking to Adelaide, MICF, and Edinburgh in 2014 will be fifty minutes long (ideally, hopefully), but for now I think thirty minutes will be the perfect length to allow me to work out the narrative arc of the whole thing and then probably re-write most of the peripheral information to make it better, funnier, slicker, more gooder.

I love talking to Melanie every few months on Skype because our chats are a good chance for me, myself, to take stock of what I've done in the time since our last talk. This time I told her that my tour company is shutting down at the end of the month – a huge relief to be losing that source of stress; I'm revamping my look with new clothes and a realization that I don't think I'm ready to put on here just yet; and my hair is long enough to put in up, for the first time ever. Tropppp sexy!
Okay, no one actually said that but me.

I'm going to watch some 'Freaks and Geeks' on YouTube now and settle into bed for a few hours before getting up to finish writing the third of four sections of my show. '36 Hours' is coming together – and yes, that's what I'm calling it... I want to get this badboy in the front of every festival guide HAHA! Genius Tuck; you are one of them.

Peace, Taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment