Monday, August 12, 2013

Rant 004

Last night I did a bussy shift at the Workers and it was fucking GREAT! Cruising around, dancing, chatting shit, a few brews... I didn't realize I missed working hospitality, and I'm so glad I got off my lazy ass and accepted when Hugo asked if I wanted the shift last night... I told him to keep me on call for any other random spots that come up.

One ridiculous thing that happened, happened around 10:30pm... I was ducking and weaving like a Rude Boss all night, getting back into DAT glassy groove, but this particular time I whipped out from behind the bar, around two girls who were standing at the water jugs getting water, and just as I did so one of them turned around with her glass and caught me right above my eye. Glass on bone. MOTHERFUCKER! I reeled back into the wall and stayed down for a good thirty seconds, she stood over me asking if I was okay, I walked away with a nice cut above my eye. Tonight I'll tell people that a homeless guy threw a 20c piece at my face – add a bit of whimsy to the world.

Another beautiful thing happened today, when I was about to leave the house to go to the Salvos and buy a belt, Benny walked back through the door having just been to the mediation session between us and our neighbours who have been trying to get us fined for being too noisy. He didn't invite me, which I thought at first might have been a bit shit, but after hearing about it may have been a solid judgement call considering my propensity for short-fuse argumentative vigour. (AKA yelling) He went by himself, apparently our property agent was there as well, and took a slew of pseudo-abuse from our neighbours about our loud music and their terrifying accounts of sleep deprivation and Chinese water torture. Tears and tears... well apparently they were a bit aggressive with their accusations, because our agent, having been previously against us in this fight, was swung back to our side. They had an ace in the hole, these ridiculous people, and they blew it. Looks like we're staying at Baker St for a long time yet... Winner winner chicken dinner.

Other things... About to go buy bulk amounts of tape to stick up our laminated A3 posters pointing people towards the Rochester every Tuesday night – we have to take them down at the end of every evening so that the council don't get at us for vandalism. Probably should print more flyers too. Stickers are coming (I mean, no they're not, we don't have stickers, I don't know what you're talking about officer). I feel exceptionally good today.

The last few weeks have been a torrent of positive energy and good vibes – great things happening. Look at me, I'm in a good enough mood to allow myself to say something as douchey as “positive energy” un-ironically. I think I might sit here in my room for another hour or so before launching into the business of the day; maybe look at pictures of cats, old people, girls getting shut down on facebook. I forgot to have my vitamins with lunch again... that's annoying, now I need to eat another meal.

Peace, Taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment