Sunday, August 4, 2013

Another Cycle

“So I missed a few days... but I went back three weeks straight!” That's not how I should feel, and I'm not sure whether it is... but 'Notorious' is a fucking great movie, and that's the quote I'm going with.

This weekend feels like it should have been bigger than it was, but I'm coming off it pretty smoothly right now to be honest... Elle and her new boyfriend Ben – who I knew from around the place in '09/'10 town days – came down to Melbourne to sample The Lifestyle and hit it up with us for a few days. Friday at Fishface saw me do a decent set to a virtually non-existant crowd; Saturday I cleaned and then slept most of the day; Sat night we went out to Baker St and then Sunday I didn't drink (thank fuck) and then played piano at Voltaire for the music night... that was awesome.


All up I think I got everything done I wanted to get done, and notwithstanding a promise that I feel I now have to keep to get drunk on Brodie's birthday in two weeks (not that I don't want to, but I said I wouldn't... quandaries, quandaries. 'The Lifestyle'. That really is what we are living right now to be honest – as much as I've felt down and out intermittently over the past few months since the end of MICF, I can't deny that the way I leave and the means by which I provide for myself are pretty fucking brilliant. It's a good situation at 45 Baker St, and after finding out that Sean has found himself some semi-permanent digs up in Coburg, it's looking like we might be staying here for a while longer... maybe this set up will even last until I leave for Europe next year? Who can tell at such a blurry stage.

I've got another couple of posts to churn out today to catch up to my one-a-day average-goal, so I'll keep this one brief. I feel like I'm coming on the up-and-up again though guys. Me, and everyone around me. So begins another cycle.

Peace, Taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment