Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I'm Not Excited

I've noticed it's taking me until later and later to leave the house lately – the weather is pretty shitty still so I'm going to put at least part of it down to that. During the week now that I only work Friday-Monday mornings, I'm getting up later, and spending a lot of time in front of the computer. Facebook, emails, random blogs and videos. This usually lasts until around one or two in the afternoon when I realize the time and tell myself I need to get out of the house and do something for the day before comedy time around seven.

Today I think I'm going to head into town to Officeworks and put in an order for another B0 poster for the Rochester to replace the one that was ripped off the wall a couple of weekends ago, then I'll come home by way of Aldi, and buy some bacon, eggs, sausage, mushrooms, salad, and butter, and cook me up some Full English Breakfast. That'll be sweet to take me through until four-ish, then I'll head back out to Officeworks, pick up the then-finished B0, and take it to the Rochy. Sounds like a plan, Tug. What else?

Okay so yesterday I got an AMAZING call from Brent Ilicic, a fellow comic who started a few months ago but has been absent recently. I really wish I'd written about this yesterday now actually, because I was way more excited about it then, and now it feels more like a forced report rather than an excited story told in fits of passion... basically he was calling to ask me if I wanted to take a job on the Gold coast for the week from September 30th – October 4th that pays $1000 and includes flights and accommodation paid for... and the job is, fucking get this: Hype Man for the Ice Break Tent at the Uni Games. WHAT?!!?! Ugh... this excitement feels really forced now – rest assured, I was bouncing off the walls when I heard that shit yesterday. Okay, the position isn't actually 'Hype Man', but as far as I understand right now, I'll be standing with a microphone accompanied by another guy at the Ice Break tent, and every now and then when there's a break in the sports matches, we have to get people to come to the tent and take part in our little games, whilst commentating on them. Sounds awesome.

I hope I'm not jinxing it by writing about it on my blog right now, but it sounded pretty much like I'd gotten the job when Brent called, they just wanted a bit of info about me and a few pictures... should I have linked them to my facebook? I didn't, but should I have? My last few DPs that actually show me are of me either topless or drunk. Then again, the pictures I sent them were of me either on stage, or topless... and drunk. With drink. In hand.

Ugh, I'm really struggling to find the verve today, I'm not feeling this entry at all. I'm writing about the coolest shit that's happened to me in easily a few months, and I can't even find a funky adjective to slap in front of it. Fuck this, I still need to write the story I promised yesterday. Maybe that guy will prove a little more inspiring.

Peace, Taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment