Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Today, Today

How is it already nine days into October? When the fuck did that happen?

Last night at the Rochy we had a pretty good night – numbers-wise it was nothing special, although the bar still did over a grand, but the crowd's energy was huge, largely thanks to MC Mitch Alexander. I think the secret (what secret?) to good MCing is just to be genuinely excited about the night and about the job you're doing. Mitch was so stoked to be getting up there and the crowd could tell, so they got behind him and everyone had a fucking great time. The same thing happened to me last time I MCd the Rochy; I was super excited about it because Dewberry's car had broken down in town and I was getting to MC at the last-minute, and I went up at the start and told everyone how excited I was, and lo and behold, we had a fucking ridiculous night. The. Most. Fun.

I can't wait for November 5th, that night is going to be huge. Tommy Dassalo as MC, and Justin Hamilton headlining... fuck yes, that shit is going to be brilliant. I'm going to organize a meeting this week with management for the venue to see if we can get a $150 marketing budget for that week, and after that night if we could up the MC's pay to $100, get $50 for the headline, and $50 for us to spend on expenses and drinks. The night is really going well, and I see no reason why we can't crack $2000 over the bar one night before the end of summer.

Today I'm heading down to the bagel place that Luka and I were going to go to yesterday but missed by one minute – they close at 4pm – I'm excited about food. Later I'll be at the AYCC offices booking some presentations so I can get that job off the floor, and after that I have a consultation at the gym, then Station 59 tonight and Death Star after that. Big night – I need to find some time somewhere to write a new bit for my show to try at Station. Some time this week I have to paint the walls in my new room and varnish the floor. I'm moving in on Tuesday. Getting out of Baker St is going to be a good move. Summer is coming, my life is a hive of activity.

I can't write any more today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Peace, Taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment