Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pump the Brakes

After what I wrote yesterday, I don't really know what to say today... I wasn't even going to post it because it felt too inward-looking and I felt like no one would care about what felt like the whingeing life-updates of a megalomaniac. But people loved it, and now I feel really good about having written it, like, way better than I felt when I posted it yesterday. And that's strange as well, because apparently I only judge the worth of something based on other peoples' reactions to it.

Never mind that though, tomorrow morning I'll be getting on a plane bound for Adelaide and then spending the day hopefully catching up with a few people if they have time for me. Then Phil and I will jumping in his car and driving to my grandparents place in Lucindale, and then the day after, completing the drive back to Melbourne. Phil is moving here, finally, and as is the general theme of my life at the moment – more so than usual – I don't know what to expect.

I feel like he and I are in very different places at the moment, and I'm worried that once we are again living in the same city our differences in lifestyle will become clear and we'll drift apart. This is where I have to start applying what I was writing about yesterday though; so I could either worry that we are going to drift apart, or I could just live my life the same way I've been living it for the past eighteen months – the way that seems to be working for me – and make time for Phil around that... think of him. What does he want to get out of moving here? What can I bring to the table to make his and everyone else in that crew's lives in this city better?

I really need to stop stressing so much about what everyone around me is going to think about the things that I do, whatever they are. I need to relax. I need to go with the flow. I need to stop predetermining my actions. I need to get out of my head. For the next week, I'm going to try and make this blog be the retelling of a story from the previous day, rather than intense introspection. Goal, set.

Peace, Taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment